To the Members of our St. Charles REALTOR Family:
We are all living thru an unprecedented time in our world, nation and community. Rest assured that the leadership and staff of our St. Charles REALTORS family remain steadfast and committed to our mission to help you succeed and serve your customers and clients in these difficult times. While the health and safety of all of our families makes it currently impossible to serve you in person, we are here to serve you on-line and via telephone. This page contains information on how you can contact us, as well as the latest information on the pandemic and its impact on our industry. Check this page, our homepage and our Facebook page for updates, as well as the regular e-mail communications from REALTOR Headquarters.
We all look forward to seeing all of you here at REALTOR Headquarters or at the next event, all of which we assure you will return as soon as it is safe for your families and ours. Meanwhile, hold your loved ones tight and say a prayer for our world, nation and community.
God Bless, Mark R. Stallmann, CEO
We have gotten several calls at REALTOR Headquarters about best business practices during this time. We strongly urge everyone to check with their broker and/or corporate counsels regarding the effect of local emergency and stay at home orders and best business practices. Some points to consider:
- Currently the emergency declaration in St. Charles County restricts gatherings to fewer then 10 people. This should be considered in any open house plans or home showings.
- Our Association has sent a letter to County Executive Ehlmann urging that real estate activities be declared an essential service if a mandatory stay at home order is instituted in our County.
- Consult with lenders and title companies regarding their operational restrictions and increased timelines needed to complete a transaction.
- It is best to limit the number of people attending walkthroughs, showings, inspections, etc. to minimize potential danger to you and your buyers and sellers.
- Contract and forms amendments have been completed to help you navigate the complexities of this situation. They are available on Forms R Us.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: REALTOR® Headquarters remains open for business via telephone, email or on-line. E-mail us at email@example.com or call in your REALTOR® Store orders in advance, and we will provide “curbside” service by appointment only. A drop box is available next to the front door for anyone needing to drop off paperwork with the Association.
- Currently: THE BUILDING IS CLOSED TO ALL EXCEPT ASSOCIATION STAFF.
- We are continuing our service to members, utilizing on-line options for new memberships, membership transfers, supra, and registrations. Go to www.StCharlesREALTORS.com click on the Join Now or On-line Member Service Center icon to access membership forms and registration details.
- If You Need Supra Box or Active Key Help, Please call first to make a drop off /pick up appointment.
- All Continuing Education “in person” classes are now cancelled thru May 31st . However we have several virtual classes available for the entire month of May . Click HERE to see the current calendar for our CE Virtual. The Missouri Real Estate Commission has authorized us to offer certain normal classroom CE classes thru an on-line platform. These Virtual classes will continue to be added as needed. The St. Charles Virtual Classes will allow those who qualify for “free CE” to use their credit hours when registered.
- Once the situation clears, additional classes will be added, as needed, to make sure that everyone can complete their CE requirements in time for license renewal deadlines.
- Online classes, available anytime click HERE for up to date information and current promo codes. These can be purchased from the CE shop.
While this situation has required the postponement of many networking and educational activities, the association committees and staff continue to work on events and activities to commence as soon as officials deem it to be safe. Watch for more details:
- The Real Estate Expo scheduled for Tuesday; April 28th has been postponed.
- All classroom rentals at REALTOR Headquarters have been cancelled until May 31st and the policy will be reviewed at that time.
NEW Notices to help you serve your clients:
- St. Charles REALTORS® Property Tour Viewing Questionnaire HERE
- St. Charles REALTORS® Showing and Inspection Best Practices HERE
Please contact us at membership@StCharlesREALTORS if you have questions or need assistance. For more information on how to manage your business in this crisis, and the latest information on the crisis, check out the following links:
- NAR Open House Guidance during COVID-19 HERE
- NAR Is Funding two Months of TeleHealth Access HERE
- Coronavirus: NAR: A Guide for REALTORS HERE
- St. Charles County Health Department—Coronavirus Updates HERE
- Missouri REALTORS® Resources/coronavirus HERE
- MARIS’S Response to COVID-19 HERE