To the Members of our St. Charles REALTOR Family:
We are all living thru an unprecedented time in our world, nation and community. Rest assured that the leadership and staff of our St. Charles REALTORS family remain steadfast and committed to our mission to help you succeed and serve your customers and clients in these difficult times. While the health and safety of all of our families makes it currently impossible to serve you in person, we are here to serve you on-line and via telephone. This page contains information on how you can contact us, as well as the latest information on the pandemic and its impact on our industry. Check this page, our homepage and our Facebook page for updates, as well as the regular e-mail communications from REALTOR Headquarters.
We all look forward to seeing all of you here at REALTOR Headquarters or at the next event, all of which we assure you will return as soon as it is safe for your families and ours. Meanwhile, hold your loved ones tight and say a prayer for our world, nation and community.
Mark R. Stallmann, CEO
We have gotten several calls at REALTOR Headquarters about best business practices during this time. We strongly urge everyone to check with their broker and/or corporate counsels regarding the effect of local emergency and stay at home orders and best business practices. Some points to consider:
- Currently the emergency declaration in St. Charles County restricts gatherings to fewer then 10 people. This should be considered in any open house plans or home showings.
- Our Association has sent a letter to County Executive Ehlmann urging that real estate activities be declared an essential service if a mandatory stay at home order is instituted in our County.
- Currently St. Louis City and St. Louis County are under mandatory stay at home orders. Real estate activities are not listed as essential services. The St. Louis Association is working with government officials to get real estate added to the list of essential services in those jurisdictions.
- Consult with lenders and title companies regarding their operational restrictions and increased timelines needed to complete a transaction.
- It is best to limit the number of people attending walkthroughs, showings, inspections, etc. to minimize potential danger to you and your buyers and sellers.
- Contract and forms amendments have been completed to help you navigate the complexities of this situation. They are available on Forms R Us.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: REALTOR® Headquarters remains open for business via telephone, email or on-line. E-mail us at email@example.com or call in your REALTOR® Store orders in advance, and we will provide “curbside” service by appointment only. A drop box is available next to the front door for anyone needing to drop off paperwork with the Association.
- Currently: THE BUILDING IS CLOSED TO ALL EXCEPT ASSOCIATION STAFF.
- We are continuing our service to members, utilizing on-line options for new memberships, membership transfers, supra, and registrations. Go to www.StCharlesREALTORS.com click on the Join Now or On-line Member Service Center icon to access membership forms and registration details.
- If You Need Supra Box or Active Key Help, Please call first to make a drop off /pick up appointment.
- All Continuing Education classes are cancelled thru April 3rd. Classes thru the end of April, and class sizes will be reevaluated before April 3rd. Click HERE for current CE class schedule.
- The Missouri Real Estate Commission has authorized us to offer our normal classroom CE classes thru an on-line platform. This process is currently being put in place and information and a class schedule will be published as soon as it is available.
- Once the situation clears, additional classes will be added, as needed, to make sure that everyone can complete their CE requirements in time for license renewal deadlines.
- Online classes, click HERE for up to date information and current promo codes. These can be purchased from the CE shop.
While this situation has required the postponement of many networking and educational activities, the association committees and staff continue to work on events and activities to commence as soon as officials deem it to be safe. Watch for more details:
- SCCAR University scheduled for Wednesday; April 1st has been postponed.
- The Affiliate Committee meeting scheduled for Wednesday; April 1st has been cancelled.
- The Community Outreach meeting scheduled for Wednesday; April 8th has been cancelled.
- The Real Estate Expo scheduled for Tuesday; April 28th has been postponed.
- All classroom rentals at REALTOR Headquarters have been cancelled until April 3rd and the policy will be reviewed at that time.
Please contact us at membership@StCharlesREALTORS if you have questions or need assistance. For more information on how to manage your business in this crisis, and the latest information on the crisis, check out the following links:
- Open House Guidance during COVID-19 HERE
- Coronavirus: NAR: A Guide for REALTORS HERE
- St. Charles County Health Department—Coronavirus Updates HERE
- Missouri REALTORS® Resources/coronavirus HERE
- MARIS’S Response to COVID-19 HERE